Sun, Sep 25|
Mindful Based Stress Reduction Program - LIVE Virtual 8 Week Program
Learn tools to reduce stress, manage physical pain, decrease negative emotions, and create a healthier, happier mindset in 8-weeks with my Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program. This program includes a one day retreat. Each class will be from 9:30am-12:15pm each Sunday .
Time & Location
Sep 25, 2022, 9:30 AM – 12:15 PM PDT
About the Event
MBSR is an evidence-based 8-week intensive class developed by Jon Kabat Zinn in 1979 and is now used in hundreds of hospitals across the country and many more around the world to support people dealing with chronic stress, depression, chronic pain, anxiety, and many other medical conditions. A tremendous about of research has come out of universities like Harvard and Stanford are providing insight into how MBSR works to help change our brains in encouraging healthier coping habits.
A full day online retreat is also included and will be held on Saturday, October 22nd from 9:30am - 4:00pm Pacific Time. The regular class will be held October 23rd from 9:30AM-12:15PM.
This class will be taught by University of California, San Diego (UCSD) MBSR Certified teacher Laurie Hallihan.
Generosity Scholarship Tier $100.00
If the Program Price is an obstacle for you, Laurie offeres the program at a very low price. Please only register at this tier level if money is truely an obstacle for you.
Sustaining Tier: $395.00
We invite you to pay the full tuition rate. By doing so, you make it possible for us to continue to offer an abundance of quality programs for our community. This level covers the full cost of the program which includes the direct cost of your program.
Supporter tier: $495.00
For those who are able to pay more than the Program Price, your generosity in paying the Supporter Tier helps cover the costs for others who are not able to pay the full price of the program and provides support to Minding the Waves to continue offering free and low cost classes.
Please refer to our policies for more information about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion policy.
- Please make sure you have a private space to practice. We want to create a space for the members of our group to feel safe to share their experience.
- This is a respectful and inclusive environment. Please no cross talk. I invite everyone to practice mindful speaking and listening.
- Please keep muted unless you are speaking to keep background noise to a minimum.
- Please put your preferred name and, if you like, your gender identification on your Zoom square.
- Please make sure you are able to have your Zoom video on to build the cohesiveness, community and safety within the participants.
- We may do some very gentle mindful movement and/or walking in some classes. You only need space enough for 6-10 paces of walking and arm lengths width. If you are unable to participate in these activities due to any physical limitations Laurie will always provide alternatives. ANY level of physical adeptness is welcome in this class.
If the Sustaining or Supporter Program Price is an obstacle for you, we are offering this option for those truly in need to accommodate you in this program.
+$9.88 service fee
We invite you to pay the full tuition rate. By doing so, you make it possible for us to continue to offer an abundance of quality programs for our community. This level covers the full cost of the program.
+$9.88 service fee0
+$12.38 service fee
For those who are able to pay more than the Program Price, your generosity in paying the Supporter Tier helps cover the costs for others who are not able to pay the full price of the program and provides support to Minding the Waves to continue offering free support classes.
+$12.38 service fee0