Sat, Jun 25|
Half Day Mindfulness Retreat
From the comfort of your home, join University of California certified mindfulness teacher, Laurie Hallihan and a small group of fellow practitioners for meditation and meaningful connection. This retreat is for all levels of meditation and mindfulness experience.
Time & Location
Jun 25, 2022, 12:00 PM – 3:30 PM PDT
About the Event
During my online retreats, we will each do our best to maintain a simple and quiet environment. We will intentionally limit our speech with those we live with and put aside our phones for this period of time. Laurie will offer guided meditations, talks, and times for group discussion in a safe and supportive environment. We will follow a simple schedule of sitting, walking and gentle mindful movement meditations to begin to cultivate a deeper sense of who we really are in the world and to ourselves. There is NO requirment to be able to move your body in any way. Laurie will always offer alternatives for those who find walking or mindfulful movement not possible. A calm & serene mind is more likely to be capable of seeing clearly the nature of the heart and mind in a way that may cultivate greater wisdom and compassion in our lives.
This is a generosity based offering as many of Laurie's offerings are. This is possible because of the generosity of people like you who contribute their practice, time, and financial resources to support the continuation of Laurie's classes.
Please refer to our policies for more information about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion policy.
- Please make sure you have a private space to practice. We want to create a space for the members of our group to feel safe to share their experience.
- This is a respectful and inclusive environment. Please no cross talk. I encourage mindful speaking and listening.
- Please keep muted unless you are speaking to keep background noise to a minimum.
- Please put your preferred name and, if you like, your gender identification on your Zoom square.
- Please make sure you are able to have your Zoom video on to build the cohesiveness, community and safety within the participants.
- We may do some very gentle mindful movement and/or walking in some classes. You only need space enough for 6-10 paces of walking and arm lengths width. If you are unable to participate in these activities due to any physical limitations Laurie will always provide alternatives. ANY level of physical adeptness is welcome in this class.